How industry's early adopters can prepare
How industry’s early adopters can prepare
- Confirm or obtain a valid premises identification number from a regional PID registry.
- Begin to complete a movement document and ensure it accompanies livestock leaving your premises or send a copy to the destination premises on a voluntary basis.
- Login to Canadian Livestock Tracking System database account to ensure emergency contact information is current and a valid PID is entered. Take 10 minutes to become familiar with the account layout, operations and navigation.
- Begin to report receipt (move in) of animals with source site PID and time of loading on a voluntary basis.
- Begin to report departure (move out) of animals into community pasture or crown grazing land on a voluntary basis.
- Explore the CLTS Resource Centre’s user manual, templates and video tutorials or contact us directly for complimentary, one-on-one training and technical support.
- Learn more about Canada’s Livestock Identification and Traceability Program requirements for livestock producers