WE ARE HIRING
Executive Assistant Position
The Canadian Cattle Identification Agency (CCIA) is a not-for-profit organization incorporated to establish a national livestock
identification program for trace back and containment of serious animal health and food safety. CCIA developed and maintains a
national database system and an affiliated smartphone app. We operate a client support call-centre and manage a webstore of
animal identification products. CCIA works closely with affiliated organizations and industry partners.
CCIA is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will work directly with
the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate has
experience working with a Board of Directors, is highly self-motivated, professional and capable of managing their work load and
prioritizing tasks. We value a keen attention to detail and the ability to uphold CCIA’s standard as a global leader in traceability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist senior management with administrative duties
• Human Resources tasks including employee security clearance, job postings, coordinating benefits, staff training, and office
• Coordinate the needs of the Board of Directors such as scheduling meetings, recording minutes, maintaining directors’
• Coordinates all incoming and outgoing contracts
• Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
• Hold a seat on the Health and Safety Committee and provide administrative support
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar board led organization environment, reporting to senior management
• Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
• Experience assisting multiple senior executives
• Excellent written and oral communication
• The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of the Canadian Livestock Traceability System
• Experience performing legal clerical support duties
• Formal training or experience with general Human Resources tasks
The Executive Assistant position is full-time, reporting to the General Manager of CCIA, located at the Calgary office.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply by emailing a resume and a cover letter, formatted consistently in one document.
Please include your salary expectations. The position closes May 24, 2019.
Anne Brunet-Burgess, General Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.canadaid.ca